Where is consciousness, or should that read 'are'?


It seems that we exist inside our head, behind our eyes smack at the centre of the universe. That's true for me, and I suppose that it is true for you too. I've read the same thing described by other people, so I must accept that the illusion of centrality - if illusion it is - is universal.

Some may regard that phenomenon as grandiosity, ego, self-delusion or insanity. I don't. I believe it is the natural consequence that results from the proposition that each sliver of the universe has a central point about which consciousness - the sum total of all of the electrical, magnetic, nuclear and gravitational forces - focus. Something like the centre of mass.

Since "all is one", then there cannot be more than one focus of consciousness associated with any given moment. I cannot see how that would be possible without violating that principle, because where would the boundary between multiple consciousnesses lie? And if there were boundaries, then how would it be possible to claim that "all is one"?

I realize that this seems to imply that beings other than myself do not exist, but take heart. I'm not done yet.